Monday, September 05, 2005

I was speaking with a friend tonight who lived and worked in Africa about 10 years ago....Wow, this could be one wild adventure. Bucket showers, big bugs, snakes, huge cultural differences....as much information as I have, I still do not know what to expect. I don't even know if Uganda has an accepted curriculum that I will teach. My friend suggested collecting elementary school teaching materials before I leave and shipping them ahead of me. It might behoove me to read up on Ugandan culture as well. As scary as this all is, overwhelming too-my excitement grows alongside my conviction that this is the direction that I need to take. What if I actually have the opportunity to do something amazing there-be of real service in the world. And what will they teach me, what will I learn about myself and others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home